Wednesday, March 4, 2009

Who Am I?

Facts

1. I am born and raised in Toronto. Toronto is not New York or London but Toronto is a great city. Toronto is big enough that I don't have to socialize with people that can't afford to be in my social circle and small enough that I don't need to worry about spending all my time keeping track of people worth knowing.

2. I work in finance.

  • If you just had a violent reaction, you're probably a lawyer - keep papering that deal
  • If you just rolled your eyes, you're probably a consultant - I don't have anything to say to you... you're not worth my time
  • If you just slipped into daydream mode then you're definitely an accountant - keep on fucking dreaming!
  • Most importantly, if your knees just went a little weak, you might just be my kind of girl - I always say... my time is precious but here's my AMEX

3. I like nice things. It is not a crime to like nice things. I dabble in philanthropy to put my conscience at ease but don't start whining about how my latest pair of ferragamos could have feed a village in Africa. Are you kidding me... I would kill to be skinny like those kids! If you can never be too skinny or too rich, 1 out of 2 ain't bad.

Rules of My Existence

1. Materialism is my religion.

2. Any prick can pretend he's Gordon Gekko in a bull market but show me a man who's buying a new 911 Turbo off the floor of the dealership when the TSX is below 8000 and I'll call him friend.

3. Starting out in finance can be a difficult existence but always remember that the rigid hierarchy inside the office does not apply once you walk out those doors - just because you're my MD doesn't mean your single mother didn't put you through Harvard by making sure my Mother's rose garden was always presentable.

To Be Continued...


No comments:

Post a Comment